Monday, October 16, 2006

Vacation, all I ever wanted...

Tomorrow morning I leave for a few day's vacation in Chicago. I'm planning to keep up daily blog posts while I'm there, but if I'm missing in action, you'll know I'm having too much fun! Since the main thing I'm planning to do in Chicago is eat, I'll have lots to talk about! Here's a sneak peak of some of my culinary plans for the week:

Dinners at Alinea, Schwa, and Hot Chocolate (at the kitchen table with 11 eGullet people for this last one)

Lunches are still TBD, but Hannah's Bretzel, Hot Doug's, Heaven on Seven, "Little" Three Happiness, and Nuevo Leon are the top contenders.

Most days I'll just grab a quick breakfast, but Saturday morning before catching my train back home I'll be at Sarah Stegner's restaurant, Prairie Grass Cafe. I last ate her food when she was cooking at the Ritz Carlton Dining Room in Chicago (one of my first high end meals ever), so this should be quite a change!

I've got a few non-food activities planned, like visits to the Mexican Fine Arts Museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Field Museum, but mostly I'm going for the eating!

I got a new digital camera on Wednesday, and I've barely had time to play with it. But I'm hoping I'll be able to bring you some great photos from my trip!

No comments: