Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hot Doug takes one for the team

Chicago's first foie gras citation goes to Hot Doug's.

Not a surprise, given Doug Sohn's in-your-face defiance of the foie gras ban, but still a disappointment.

On Friday afternoon, Sohn seemed to be considering whether to fight on. He took the duck-liver dogs off the menu and got ready to go on vacation. If anyone wants to reach him, he'll be considering his options over a plate of foie gras in France, where they are surely shaking their heads.
My earlier posts on the Chicago foie gras ban can be found here and here, and I wrote about Hot Doug's here.

1 comment:

Helene said...

Hi there! I am starting my own business chocolate and always on the lookout for well priced boxes and inserts. Would you mind telling me where you get yours?