Sunday, January 07, 2007

Blogs of Note

A couple of new-to-me blogs have caught my interest in the last few days, so I thought I would share them with you too!

Brownie Points
Subtitled "a good girl's notebook of her culinary world," there's a lot of neat stuff here that I'm just starting to explore. I'd already been thinking about making my own marshmallows, but seeing her creations has made me even more interested. And her photography is beautiful, and makes me realize just how much I need to learn in order to take better pictures.

Dry Goods Notes
This blog is written by Solomon from Zingerman's Deli. He's one of the dry goods gurus there, and knows an incredible amount about olive oils and vinegars. It was from a tasting he ran that I learned of the beautiful thing that is olive oil and honey with bread. (Really. You have to try it. Put some honey in the middle of the plate, and some olive oil around it. Swipe your piece of baguette through both the honey and the olive oil, then eat. Be warned - it's hard to stop once you start. In my experiments, this seems to work on a basic level with almost any oil and honey, but you can also come up with some really awesome combinations.) Right now the blog features an extensive series on how olive oil is made. Very cool.

No comments: